Monday, January 3, 2011

"Better Man"

I've been a better man before
And there are better days to see
I've made a mess of all I know
There's always more that I could be

[chorus]
I believe in a better man than me
In a man that I have yet to be
I believe there's a way out of defeat
'Cause I believe in a better man than me

I've been a better man before
But I still sway so easily
Sometimes you take time lying on the floor
To be sure there's more you want to be

Oh God, I know there's more in me

[chorus]
Cause I believe in a better man than me
In a brighter day I've yet to see
I believe I can look beyond defeat
I'll look ahead to a better man than me

[bridge]
'Cause I believe in a man
Who left the world with holes in his hands
Of all the things that I can't do, I know he can
So I believe
I believe in that better man

[chorus]
I believe in a better man than me
In a man who stands for more than I could be
I believe, I believe, I believe
That there's hope for who I am
Because I've seen a better man
Yeah, there's hope for who I am
Because I've seen a better man than me

No comments:

Post a Comment