Tuesday, August 9, 2011

"We"

All of the faces
Full of anger
All these strangers
Making no attempt to see
Go through the motions
Spreading hate
And selfish ways
So hastily
So hastily

[chorus]
We
The problem is me
We are the disease
Beneath our feet
And we're not going quietly
They
We're pointing the blame
Not willing to change
We stay the same
Remain, our own worst enemies

There's always a villain
There's always a tyrant from afar
But never in our own hearts
Looking down at blood-stained hands
Now I finally understand
The problem is where we are
It's who we are

[chorus]
We
The problem is me
We are the disease
Beneath our feet
And we're not going quietly
They
A made-up parade
We're running away
So turn the light around
And see we're all the same

This plague
Humanity
It's in our blood
It's flowing free
The issue's you
The issue's me
But I won't take it
I won't take you down with me
Won't take you down with me

When it's we
It's we
Who are to blame

No comments:

Post a Comment