Saturday, October 8, 2011

"Be My Anchor"

I've seen the ocean floor
Tried keeping myself down
Amount to nothing more
Just waiting to be found

Call it what you will
The storms that I'm still facing
Catching the air and still
I've got no foundation

[chorus]
Be my anchor
Cause I know that I get torn
Like the sails tied to a mast
When I go crashing through this storm

I've tried to call the shots
I've tried to shut you out
When you are all I've got
All that's holding me down

Cleaved to my own breath
That's caught inside my throat
Believed my washed up life
May be my only hope

[chorus]
But be my anchor
Cause I know that I get torn
Like the sails tied to a mast
When I go crashing through the storm
Be my anchor
Cause I don't wanna drown
While I dream to see the shore
Oh, for my feet to touch the ground

No comments:

Post a Comment