Monday, November 14, 2011

"Nothing Lasts"

I saw the last strand
Fall away
It didn't matter
It didn't stay

When everything I know
Just fades
I'm not surprised
When it goes this way

And it's my own hand
That's pushing away

[chorus]
Hey!
Can you even hear me?
Hey!
Are you listening?
Hey!
Do you think you're helping?
Hey!
Doing this to me?

Stomach aching
All the same
Sour affection
And sweetened pain

Suffocating
Me with your voice
I'm out of options
This is my choice

Cause you can stand there and tell me that it's love
But my voice never reached your ears with your eyes fixed above

[chorus]
Hey!
Can you even hear me?
Hey!
Are you listening?
Hey!
Do you think you're helping?
Hey!
Doing this to me?
Hey!
Cause I'm all alone now
Hey!
And I'm moving past
Hey!
It's just one more tell-tale sign
To me, that nothing lasts

(Hey)
It isn't all about you
(Hey)
Why can't you see outside?
(Hey)
I'm turning up real loud now
Cause you won't listen otherwise!

Hey!
I want something real
Hey!
Not just something to feel
Hey!
And I'm sorry that
Life left me here under the wheel
But I don't need your hand
To understand
And what you think is helping
Is only hurting

No comments:

Post a Comment