Sunday, January 27, 2013

"Never Mine To Lose"

I know I shouldn't care the way I do
It isn't fair to me or fair to you
And I wouldn't call it love
Not when it distances so much
But when you go, I'll know, all that I've held onto

And someday near in the future
When I'm not sutured, not cut by nail and tooth
I'd like to think you'd be my girl
That I could hold you like a pearl
Oh, but you were never mine to choose

So they say if you let it go
That it might return to you
But you were never mine to lose
You were never mine to lose

And baby, you know I'm missing you so dearly
When clearly, the same just isn't true
One war, one battleline
That's drawn out only in my mind
So I'll raise a flag and surrender to the truth

There's a constant fight
There's a wrong and right
There's a beautiful light
That I just can't refuse

They say if you let it go
That it might return to you
But don't get tangled in false hope
Or hold on to half truths
Cause she'll be all right
She'll be just fine
Without you
Yeah, she was never yours to lose
Never yours to lose

No comments:

Post a Comment