Sunday, May 12, 2013

"Empathy"

I can't tell you to stop
I can't tell you to start
I can't see through your words
Can't see your heart
I can't tell you to change
I can't live your life

You say, you don't know
If you've been hurting me
As much as I've been hurt
I can't say, that I know
But I know that if you love something
You show what it's worth

So here I sit, in the dark
Waiting for a sign to shine, a lonely spark
Where I quit, fell apart
Clawing up to see the light, a lonely spark

Am I just deluded
Am I just diseased
Because I've lost so much by letting
People do as they please
Now the walls
The defense
You always said that I should have
Became a wired fence

As I sit, in the dark
Waiting for a sign to shine, a lonely spark
Where I quit, fell apart
Clawing up to see the light, a lonely spark

So rewire, the transceiver
Cause both are calling but we're hearing neither
Meet the mark on common ground
Use our hollowed out hearts to hear our echoes sound

No comments:

Post a Comment