Friday, June 21, 2013

"Leaving"

It wasn't anything particularly hurtful
The last words that you said
Just a repetition of what came to be expected

Just like the days I spend here
Neither heaven nor hell, just in between
So the way you've always treated me

So I'm leaving
I'm leaving

I remember I wanted to be just like you
But now it's all more clear to me
I took a part of you on, so now I'm killing it in me

By leaving
By leaving

Gotta grow up sometime
And life has no rewind
I can't make you love me any more
Though I've spent all this time
Giving you the chance to change your mind
It's all made up, and I'm no longer yours

I think every day about the son I want to have
Love for someone I've never met
And why you never thought of me like that
I see the love that other people have
And wonder why mine never stayed in tact
So intent on the impression that

I'm leaving
I'm leaving
I'm leaving

No comments:

Post a Comment