Wednesday, February 5, 2014

"118 Fabrics"

Looking out the window
Wind blows through the trees
Two birds, sitting peacefully
One flew away, the other stayed
I wonder, do birds get lonely?

A thought passes through my mind
Someday those birds will die
And so will I

And I think
About fish swimming
At the bottom of the sea
Born in darkness and living instinctively
Do they consider themselves
Like I do me?

Some people say that it's all the same
And yes it is true
The same 118 fabrics make us up
As well as buildings and the trees
But I have to wonder
Is there still discovering?

And the painted sky
Were the clouds all planned
Or was it just a randomized pattern
On canvas by a spilled paint can?

And what are miracles?
Is it one that we're alive?
That on the brink of chaos
There's harmony to find

And I can't see
And I can't see
Anything but the path in front of me

And we never know the half of it
But we live like we've mapped it all out
Is there any room for doubt?
And the simplest explanation
Seems to hold the most depth to me
There is more than what I see
And I have to wonder
Is there still discovering?

No comments:

Post a Comment