Wednesday, November 5, 2014

"Enough"

I'm not lonely enough to cling to
The first group of people I find
Just lonely enough for the lack of connection
To eat me alive
I'm not lonely enough to want you so badly
I'd tell you a lie
Just lonely enough to wish
That I tried

I'm holding on
A hand in either court
My feet in either pond
Is it ever enough to be
The valley or the peak
If insincerity reigns strong

I'm not lonely enough to sit up
Regretting the days that have gone
Just lonely enough to fall asleep
To the sound of my music on
A voice in the silence
In the cold dark void
Is all I need
It's what I need

I'm holding on
A hand in either camp
My feet in either pond
Is it ever enough
To reach high or sink below
If you lose yourself in tow
Just to feel like you belong

No comments:

Post a Comment