Thursday, August 27, 2015

"Shapeshifter"

I could put on a face
I could be so many things for you
Try to replace
Who I am with what I think is true

I make mistakes
And know I'm not defined by them
Still it's a race
To run away and not become

Me
Me
I'd be anything but me
Me

They could size you up
Lay you out in different pieces and
Tack you down
To segment and examine them

Simplified
To hide what they don't understand
Break you down
Till the last thing that you want to be is

You
You
Turn you into something new
You

For all our flaws
The only thing I want to be is me
Because
Everyone is flawed
And if you can have an impact
Then maybe I am making one as well
It's not a loss
To be myself, however flawed

Shapeshifter
Are you sifting through the sands
Trying to find your own hands again
You never really know who you are
Because you've drifted so far
Shapeshifter
Like a fading star

No comments:

Post a Comment