Monday, March 7, 2016

"Good at Grace"

I started out afraid, I came to you
You offered up a hand I held onto
But things began to change, the water grew
To take me under

I tried to be a man, to stand my ground
I held onto the cross for as long as I can
But when the arrows come behind and strike your back
Tell me who's on the attack?

You try to deal in grace and lofty words
But you hide behind the Face and I'm still unheard
You may have time to waste, but I'm moving on
When it's clear I don't belong

I left without a trace at break of dawn
And nobody made chase, they carried on
Now the memories replaced with lies enthroned
I could never call this home

chorus

You try to deal in grace and lofty words
But you won't admit mistakes, so eat your words
If you're so good at grace, why don't you take
Yours that I'm so dependent on
To say you're wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment