Saturday, January 9, 2010

"Awake"

It's Friday night
Spilling into Saturday
And I feel all worn out
In this cold midnight
I've seen my better days
My heart filled up with doubt

I feel like every moment I've been half-asleep
Days passing by and I'm here, but only lucidly

[chorus]
I just want to wake up
I just want to wake up
I just want to feel like I'm alive
As days move by me endlessly
I'm always in and out of sleep
I'm breaking down, awaken me inside

At the dawning light
Will this look the same
Or will it shift again?
If only my own foresight
Could see past this mundane
State of mind that I've been in

[chorus]

[bridge]
I'm dreaming of the day when this will end
When my eyes are opened wide by the sunlight once again
I can't see when that will be, neither the where nor when
So until then, I'll just be dreaming, dreaming...

[chorus]

No comments:

Post a Comment