Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"Someday"

I'm soaking up this pain
Like the ground after the rain
Still so focused on the hurt
That aims to take me down again
In this world, so full of hate
I regret these things I say
Bitter thoughts that I withold
For spiteful words out on display

[chorus]
But someday
All of this will fade away
Every anger-guided dagger
Will be stuck in rightful place
When the sun
Outshines our trouble and dismay
When the broken and supressed
Will leave behind this bitterness
Someday

I'm going through this life
Like I'm walking down a line
That's already drawn out
With no attention to the signs
I feel just fine
Leaving things left to decide
Like what is leading me
On the path of winding and wide

[chorus]
But someday
All of this will fade away
Everything that I've chased after
Will not last and will not stay
When the sun
Reveals the riches that remain
When I'm a broken-hearted mess
You'll wipe away all my regrets
Someday

[bridge]
Hold on, to the promise of the dawn
Hold on, this night won't last for long
Hold on, all our strife will soon be gone
Just hold on

[chorus]
Yeah, someday
All of this will fade away
Our hearts will be made new
This fallen world will be reclaimed
When the Son
Returns in golden rays
A light that shines so bright
That it will put an end to night
Someday

No comments:

Post a Comment