Thursday, March 31, 2011

"Distractions"

I hear you in the quiet I feel you in the pain I find you when I lose myself But I don't want to change I curse you in confusion And hide from you in shame I shift in discomfort When you call my name [chorus] I've got excuses I've got distractions They leave me blind I sit here useless Split into fractions To have it my own way But I'm losing time You break me out of bondage You rip apart the chains But I crawl back to emptiness So I can hold the reins It's easier to stay down Instead of climb the heights I'm happier, much happier Just living my own life [chorus] I've got excuses I've got distractions They leave me blind I sit here useless Split into fractions To have it my own way But I'm losing time If there's a way out Why am I not moving If there's a way out What am I doing? All the things that I desire Everything that I've acquired Do I count it all Do I count it all As loss [chorus] I've got excuses I've got distractions They keep me blind These things are useless They're all distractions And I can't run this race Until I've left them all behind

No comments:

Post a Comment