Saturday, December 31, 2011

"Playing Favorites"

A bitter saint, a mile away
Huddled in the dark
While a victory cry, from the other side
Is beating in their hearts
From a bright lit stage, a heated place
I'm freezing on the ground
You can't tell me, everything's okay
That the world I know is sound

[chorus]
Everyone gets their wildest dreams
While mine are stripped away from me
I just don't understand it
Are you playing favorites?
Cause no one has to feel this way
Why'd you set the bar so far away
You make it seem so easy
For everyone but me

A different path for everyone
Not everyone's the same
But have I only climbed this high
So I'm the first to feel the rain?
Because trial by fire doesn't seem to apply
When you're waiting at the bottom
If this is the path I meant to travel
Why is everything wrong?

[chorus]
Everyone gets their wildest dreams
While all of mine are stripped away from me
I just don't understand it
Are you playing favorites
Playing favorites

I don't want to spend my life alone
When I've never even really had a home
Was I raised for the slaughter, ahh
I've always been the easy kill
But I thought that you were different
So now I'm trying to ignore it
Because I know that you mean every word you say
And always will

[chorus]
Everyone's faces on magazines
It feels like I'm surrounded by celebrities
And I'm the one listening
While no one picks me up to read
So can you send me a savior
One who doesn't play favorites
While I'm hanging on the arms
Of broken dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment