Saturday, January 7, 2012

"Gray Matter"

I don't want to be your fact or fiction
I don't want to be your lie
I don't want to be your mark or mission
I don't want to be your fight

I don't want to be your thought or vision
I don't want to be your sight
I don't want to be your heart's contrition
Don't want to be your guiding light

[chorus]
Let me be, a nothing in the wind
A stillness in the still
An afterthought in a quiet place
And I will

I don't want to be your spark or friction
I don't want to be your scar
I don't want to be your cold condition
Consuming who you are, you are

I don't want to be your ammunition
I don't want to be your war
I don't want to be your division
Your heart in pieces on the floor, the floor

[chorus]
Let me be, a nothing in the wind
A stillness in the still
An afterthought in a quiet place
And I will
Yeah let me be, a minuscule shadow
Behind you that you never see
Let me be, a fire that never goes out
On a candle, flickering

And I'm so afraid,
These hands like chains
Could burn down all I see
But in the same refrain
They love the same
And they're reaching desperately

Let me be, a foggy winter morning
A gloomy April afternoon
Let me be, the one who stands beside you
In a busy, crowded room

I don't want to be a super hero
I don't want to be your saint
I don't want to be your saving day
Just somebody who will love you through the gray

No comments:

Post a Comment