Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"Upon A Fairytale"

I don't know why
I can't talk to you
There's something in the way
Something more than I can say
And even if I try
The words won't come to me
So they stay stuck in my head
Half-thoughts trapped and still unsaid

When all I know
Is that you hurt me
In a kind of numbing way
That didn't hurt at all
'Cause I could hear the words
Before they even left your mouth
You see, I knew it all along
That all of this was heading south

But I didn't care
I led you there
With pretty words I meant at first
But then just spoke into the air
That blew into a sail
I knew was doomed to fail
But I knew you were on board
So we embarked upon a fairytale

I see you now
And it feels the same
Just another painted conversation
Paved over a wasteland

[instrumental]

I could have given you
My whole heart, my whole heart
But I knew you wouldn't carry it
From the start, the start
And where I let it go
I'm ashamed to let you know
Was all on my part

But I knew you were on board
So we embarked upon a fairytale

No comments:

Post a Comment