Tuesday, September 4, 2012

"No Better"

It's okay to be unsure
It's okay to feel insecure
Don't try to mask it, nobody's perfect
Everyone's scarred but nobody's worthless

I've lived my life so afraid of pain
So full of worry that it'll stay the same
But I'm pushing in, and I won't turn back
Though I'm broken now, I will end intact

So why, why do you put it on yourself
I know it's not easy to ask for help
But why, why do you put it on yourself
We can't carry this weight all by ourselves

Yeah it's easy to pretend
It's easy to hide away
Than to face what's behind the face
Let the dark see the light of day

Cause I've put up a front
That I need no one by my side
That I don't feel alone sometimes
What a foolish sense of pride

So why, why do you put it on yourself
I know it's not easy to ask for help
By why, oh why

So we could keep on behaving
Like there's nothing, there's nothing wrong
Build up these walls for nothing
Feel just like we have all along
And we're getting no better, no better
Till we see that we're no better

No comments:

Post a Comment