Monday, October 1, 2012

"So Far, So Close"

After midnight driving home and
Wondering where you are this moment
Where you've been and where you're going
While the city lights are glowing

I ache see you when you're sleeping
The steady rise and fall of breathing
A look of peace upon your face when
The world outside can't stop your dreaming

And oh, I'm so in love with love it shows
How it's always been, it always goes
And oh, it shows

Looking at the stars and thinking
Of all the things that we could be when
They align, the timing's perfect
A fading fairytale in my head

And when you wake I'll still be dreaming
Even when that light comes streaming
You'll go about your day like nothing
But I'll be holding onto something

And oh, I'm so in love with love it shows
It feels so far off, it feels so close
And oh, you feel

So far, so close
You feel so far, so close

And oh, I'm so in love with love it shows
You're so far off, but you feel so close
And all these thoughts aloft
In the headspace of the stars
Could fall down, to solid ground
And find us where we are

No comments:

Post a Comment