Wednesday, October 10, 2012

"Some Things You Can't Take Back"

I could be on cloud nine
I could be six feet under
Even while running blind, I see
That my heart is a monster

I watch it separate
My needs and desires
All that I love and hate, and then
Run straight to the fire

The selfish part of me
Yeah, it's the heart in me
Consuming anything and everything it can
When some things you can't take back

Once I let it loose
The words from off my tongue
All I've tried to mute, become
The new song I've sung

And every choice I make
Every triumph and every mistake
Bricks that build or stones that break
Set in place, and I feel the weight

Deep inside of me
Yeah, it's the heart in me
Consuming anything and everything it can
When some things you can't take back

Oh, and every thought
Watch it manifest
Not a single one
That will go unchecked
Cause the heart
Overflows like this
Watch it flood right out
A deluge from my lips

No comments:

Post a Comment