Saturday, November 3, 2012

"But How"

I don't know what's going on
Did I do something wrong
Something left unsaid
I thought had never left my head
That's slowly seeping

I wish I knew what was on your mind
To give me clarity in mine
Cause something isn't right
And I've let it plague me day and night
It's suffocating
Wish there was a way to say it

But how
But how

I've been reaching for a hand
Hoping they could understand
But now I'm all alone
A hollow shell, an empty home
Is it so wrong to
Want someone to belong to
I've let it go now
I want to make this right

But how
But how
When all these words get in the way
Of what I'm really trying to say
See my frustrations filter out
I'll put it all on the table now

I've been a poor, misguided fool
What I needed, tried to see it in you
And these words made seem heavy handed, but they're true
That I built a place in my heart and
Wanted you to make a home in
And it all amounted to nothing
An unwanted expectation
Wish that I never had made one

No comments:

Post a Comment