Thursday, November 15, 2012

"Forgive Me, I'm A Fool"

Loss is not to be laughed at
No, not even in jest
I know my words linger on
After I've asked for your forgiveness

And no one should have to feel
The way that you did tonight
Opening up those scars
And brought them back into the daylight

I'm sorry, I'm a fool
Forgive me, I'm a fool
My tongue lashes out at the things that I don't understand
While you're left to carry the weight in your hands

Love is all that we have
It hurts when you can't get it back
And no one deserves
To be reminded of that

And I've never known such pain
So I know I can't feel the same
But I won't carry on this way
No, what right do I have?
No, I never even knew her name

I'm sorry, I'm a fool
Forgive me, I'm a fool
I make light of all the things that I don't understand
While you're left to carry the weight in your hands

I'm sorry, there's no excuse
You have every right to feel the way you do
And it's not okay, it's not okay but thank you
I've still got a lot of growing up to do

No comments:

Post a Comment