Tuesday, December 4, 2012

"Accused"

I can't speak without you speaking up
I can't move without you keeping track
Where words escape you're quick to follow
Where strength is thin you're sure to borrow

You assume, and it consumes the best of me
Though still a brother for adversity
I wish this truth that you convey was not misused
Before graces speaks, I stand accused

I can't search without you searching out
Ask the questions that you yourself doubt
If faith is forged in fear and trembling
Is it only me who's disassembling?

You assume, and it consumes the best of me
Though still a brother for adversity
I'd rather voice my doubts and remain confused
But before I speak, I stand accused
Before I speak, I stand accused

What could tether us together
What could pull us both apart
When nothing stands between
Conclusions drawn behind the scenes
And where we really are

No comments:

Post a Comment