Sunday, December 16, 2012

"Little Drops"

If this is where it ends
In a mess of things unsaid
I regret the time I spent
Building haven in my head

When a storm inside the walls
Always swells before it calms
Waves of grief and hope
Often overturn my cause

And if there was nothing there
Why does it hurt like something real
Little drops escape and make
A sea of the surreal
And I know that it's my fault
Cause I let loose every drop
And watched my heart go free
I watched, I watched

The pain, overtake
Till it's all a bitter game
How do you justify it
Watching love erupt to hate

I fashioned my mistakes
But you could have set me straight
Now a front row seat
To the monster you've helped make

Cause if there was nothing here
Be no reason for the tears
Little drops I let escape
From when I thought I saw it clear
And I know that it's my fault
Cause I let loose every drop
And watched my heart go free
Into, into the sea
From the drops that fell on me

This bitter taste that I've acquired
Just like the memories inspired
Are drowning, drowning
Anything left
It helps me to forget

Cause if there was nothing there
Why does it hurt like something real
Not everything is shared
Not the way I feel
And I know that I'm at fault
So I'll watch it all dissolve
Drop by drop
By drop

No comments:

Post a Comment