Thursday, July 18, 2013

"Surface Tension"

The push and pull of depth and soul
And surface tension never mentioned
We're both trying, but we're both dying
To be heard in our own words

Meet me, meet me in the middle
Every bit counts, yeah if only a little
I can't stand to stand on the outside any longer

Said I'm discontented and I meant it
Cause all my efforts and endeavors
Are abruptly interrupted
By the roadblock of this small talk

Shouldn't be so hard to open up
We've known each other long enough

Meet me, meet me in the middle
Every bit counts, yeah if only a little
I can't stand to stand on the outside any longer
So could you meet me, meet me in the middle
Even if, if you only care a little
Draw close in the things we know or throw it all away

So if I'm gonna survive
If I'm gonna be alive
Do I settle for less
And give up every stride
For meaning and purpose
Beneath the surface
Of this watered-down life
I swear I'm trying, but nothing ever comes
I swear I'm trying, but nothing ever comes alive

No comments:

Post a Comment