Thursday, October 15, 2015

"Bound"

I want to say what's on my mind
What is it
Is it hiding just around the corner
I feel like I've been keeping secrets
And I have
But I don't want to hurt the ones I love
Not any more than I have

And I could keep a half truth
So close to my vest
But at best, still not bulletproof
Am I designed to unwind
And crumble to the floor
I'm not sure
If anyone is waiting
To untangle me

And you were never there
Never there for me
I tried and you pried
Into every aspect of my life
I would have let you come freely
But you won't consider your bounds
Won't consider your boundaries

And so I'm spinning here in circles
Round the same old thoughts again
A few points that I ricochet off
I don't know where to begin

And so I venture where I know
Shifting orbit in degrees
Ghosts of the ellipses I travel
Show you where I've peaked
And tried progressing
Past the ghosts inside
I'm haunted by the fact
That I may be here till I die

No comments:

Post a Comment