Tuesday, October 13, 2015

"Sleepy City"

Early Sunday morning
See the boats, they leave their trails
V-shaped marks split the deepest parts
The sailors raise their sails

And the city's all laid out
In neat and tidy little squares
People live their lives in boxes
Just to live there

And some people dream
And some people have their own routine
And some people follow
And some people lead
And nobody's wrong
For trying to be free
Though we stumble along here
Crumbling

I pass over the ocean
Seeing isolated lands
You could call them private kingdoms
Or exiled contrabands

Are our worlds so disconnected
We forget to understand
We're all as desperate as a desert
Dry, dependent grains of sand

chorus

And the city is asleep but I'm awake
On wings I fly above its flooded gates
Building tops and limitations
Are concepts far from me
I just want to be free
We all want to be free

No comments:

Post a Comment