Saturday, July 31, 2010

"Invisible"

Blurring all the lines inside my head
I can't decide if this is really happening
Falling down just like before I was so sure
That this was different now

Yeah, time can pass
But feelings never do
Clinging on to a fiction
When I'm begging for the truth

[chorus]
How long can I stay invisible
Before I disappear
How long can I hold it inside
Till it's all made clear
I wanna turn this inside out
Show the world what it's about
But they don't hear

A crippled man can stand for only so long
Before his scars remind him that the past exists
It's hard enough to run, even harder to remain
Going face to face with chances that he missed

Guard my heart
Keep it safe inside this cage
Before it breaks apart
And bleeds itself onto the page

[chorus]
How long can I stay invisible
Before I disappear
How long can I hold it inside
Till it's all made clear
I want to turn this inside out
Show the world what it's about
But they don't hear

I wish that they could see
That all these words get in the way
Of what I'm really trying to say
Will the truth ever escape
Before I finally fade away

3 comments:

  1. I am wishing and hoping
    searching for an answer

    nothing is impossible,
    but if you really knew the real me inside,
    not the one that's in plain sight,
    you'd see im terrified that u discover
    what i hide.

    "I wish that YOU could see
    That all these words get in the way
    Of what I'm really trying to say
    Will the truth ever escape"

    from my lips and my brain
    will i one day be set free
    so my heart,mind,body,and soul you;ll obtain

    in desperation i ask for forgiveness
    i can be weak at times
    but now all i want is to be happy
    to be set free

    so far i feel empty
    i feel so alone
    as if no one could hear me
    im screaming and shouting for help

    but for now i ask myself

    "How long can I stay invisible
    Before I disappear
    How long can I hold it inside
    Till it's all made clear
    I wanna turn this inside out
    Show the world what it's about
    But YOU don't hear"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm... I really like how you write. It definitely shows that you relate to the lyrics when you can basically construct a whole song around the same exact idea. Why haven't you started a blog of your own yet!? haha

    ReplyDelete