Monday, July 26, 2010

"Today"

Today is a day for building
For lifting my cup and refilling
My life with Your blessings
That I keep forgetting
Today is a day for building

My heart is a bluebird in flight
The sun bursting out of the night
A fiery explosion
Of joyful emotion
My heart is a bluebird in flight

Your eyes reveal an endless world of song
That's carried me these seventeen years strong
I'm captive in these battles
When my sins leave me shackled
Been battling the numbness for so long

My Lord is a triumphant savior
A loving and magnificent creator
Dismantling my sin
So He can build me up again
My Lord, I thank You for Your loving labors

Today is a day to destroy
To give up all my plots, my plans, my ploys
And finally begin
To let You lift me up again
For You alone to be my hope and joy

No comments:

Post a Comment