Thursday, July 22, 2010

"The Only Good In Me"

Phrases laced with my intentions
That only seem to spark dissension
Convince myself the words are true
I'm tired of these masked manipulations
Worn for control over situations
What is it I'm trying to do?

Every word that comes out
Is another lie I shout
Trying to show myself
In a better light to someone else

[chorus]
The only thing I know is true
Is that the only good in me is You
There's nothing more I have to prove
Because the good in me is all from You

Painted walls of pure deception
Looking for outside reception
While I am trapped within it all
Intentional or not, I see
All the desperate selfishness I weave
My victories preceed the fall

And even the words I say right now
Are scraping for some good within the bowels
Of the darkened depths of who I am
A speck of dust that You made man
I strive so hard to show my best
When it's all but nothingness
Take the dirt in me and make it shine for You

[chorus]
The only thing I know is true
Is that only good in me is You
I've got nothing left for me to lose
Because the good in me is all from You

So dark in me, so bright from You
The only light that's shining through

No comments:

Post a Comment