Sunday, July 31, 2011

"Razor-Sharp Heart"

My girl is razor-sharp
But she's a cut above the rest
She cuts me down to size
To remind me that she's best

Tattoos my heart with ink
The colors never dry
Oh, she makes me feel alive
To the point I wanna die

And nothing ever made a man
Want to take a stand so much
But she crippled me so long ago
So I don't try to budge

Every word she says
Is like an arrow in my side
But she hits the mark so well
That I don't even try to fight

And nothing ever made a man
Want to take a stand so much
But she took away my dignity
Which coincidentally
Was my last remaining crutch

And I miss her so much
With her bittersweet touch
The way she knew the ins and outs of me
And how to break me silently
Yeah I miss her so much
With her bittersweet touch
The way she knew just how to cripple me
Yeah, she could bring me to my knees

My girl is razor-sharp
And she won't let me rest
Even when she's gone it rages on
Like a war inside my chest

But I know she'll always love me
Just the way she did back then
With the same mystique, and bittersweet
Incisions that she left

No comments:

Post a Comment