Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Let Me Know I'm Not Alone"

Would you stop the world for me
Would you tell me that you love me?
With the world so full of noise
I just want to know you hear me

Can you calm these quaking seas
That are crashing beneath my feet
I've never known this kind of doubt
Like the waves, my faith is breaking

[chorus]
Why, in all this design
Am I looking for signs in the city lights
The world that is hidden behind
Is all but a dream to me, I've never seen it

Would you stop this heart that beats
After every endless longing
I've chased every kind of wind
And all of it leaves me empty

I want to see mountains shake
See the sky open up above me
Feel the showers and lightning fall
All just to know you love me
When all of the while you're whispering

[chorus]
Why, with the stars in the sky
Am I looking for signs in the city lights
When the world that is hidden behind
Is all but a dream to me, I just can't see it
Now, splintered and bound
Using the only sight I've ever known
Let me know, that I'm not alone

[bridge]
Now, splintered and bound
Using the only eyes I've ever known
Needing your touch, am I asking too much
Crying out for miracles shown
Let me know, that I'm not alone
Cause I know, this is not my home

Would you slow this heart that beats
After every endless longing
When I'm still so blind to see
Your love's simplicity

No comments:

Post a Comment