Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"Black And White"

She tells me to be careful
There's potholes in the road
And they can creep up on you
Even if you know the way to go
She tells me I'm a fighter
She says that I've got soul
But there's traps that you can't see yet
Trying to swallow you whole

[chorus]
I'm not looking for a fix
I'm not looking for a fight
I know what's wrong when I see what's right
I'm not trying to escape
I don't want to live a lucid life
And I see the gray to this black and white

She tells me that she's worried
And I understand what for
When everyone is drinking poison
You don't taste it to be sure
She says that it's concern
And she's said it once before
But it's hard to feel the same
With no fear for an unpaved future

[chorus]
I'm not looking for a fix
I'm not looking for a fight
I know what's wrong when I see what's right
I'm just trying to make sense
Of the questions of this life
And sometimes you have to see it in black and white

I'm not trying to be difficult
It all just sounds so typical
When no one seems to believe me
That the signal is receiving
When I say I know, I know

And I don't know why you'd speculate
And dwell upon a thought that we both hate
It's not what I want to do
So please don't make it true

[chorus]
I'm not looking for a fix
I wanna see my future bright
I know what's wrong and I'm trying to do it right
And I know the consequence
When it comes to wrong and right
There's only two ways you can go
And they're black and white

No comments:

Post a Comment