Saturday, March 3, 2012

"Anthropocentrism"

You say you know God
But what do you think he is?
An idea, maybe a feeling
Or a way to live your life

Is he here right now?
Is he gone away?
Is he everywhere
Or somewhere on the outside?

[chorus]
Maybe there's more than just religion
Maybe that isn't faith
Maybe not the reason that defines us
As much as the need for change
I think we're going to find it
I think we're bound to break
Away from the anthropocentric
World that all of us create

You say you know love
Is it because you've felt before?
What if you're scratching the surface
Or touching the wrong plane altogether

Is everything you know right now
All that you'll ever know
I think we've all got a lot to learn
We've got to learn to face forever

[chorus]
Maybe there's more than education
Maybe that's not knowledge at all
I think it's the search that defines us
To see ourselves so small
If we put the effort forth
I think there's a chance we'll fall
Away from the anthropocentric
World that lives inside us all

Maybe, maybe

And if I put my mind to it
I might just learn to fail
To see that fragility
Isn't a obstacle on the trail
Maybe I'll stumble and fall
Or reteach myself to crawl

[chorus]
Maybe there's more than just religion
Maybe my faith is me
Maybe there's an answer out there
That I just don't want to see
Maybe I'll turn around
And the lost will be really found

No comments:

Post a Comment