Thursday, June 3, 2010

"Love Was Never Easy"

It feels like everything is suppressing me
And truth be told it's depressing me
There's so much more I want to be
But there's always a wall in front of me

I know that no one's perfect
And my trust shouldn't fall on them
But when the people I love the most
Weigh me down, it get's me wondering

[chorus]
If people care to know
Or if they even know to care
Show me any recognition
That you know I'm standing there
I know it's hard to love someone
Harder still once you're aware
That the moments when your eyes are closed
Make it that much more to bear

This world is slowly crumbling
And my heart, the same inside of me
Love is such a simple remedy
We all lose our ground to apathy

[chorus]
Do people care to know
Or do they even know to care
I don't want to feel this way
But either way, the feeling's there
I know it's hard to love someone
Harder still once you're aware
That the moments when your eyes are closed
Make it that much more to bear

And it makes me feel like giving up
Can you hear me, is this loud enough?
I don't want your sentiments
When I am dead and in the ground
While I'm still breathing, could you love me now?

Love was never easy
And I'm still slowly learning
That it's all uphill from here
But it's something to press into
And I know once you begin to
You will learn to perservere

Yeah, love was never easy
But I need to now

No comments:

Post a Comment