Tuesday, June 15, 2010

TBW: "Lighthouse"

I'm looking 'round and
This joy's resounding
Your light shining
And You're finding me
Just like the beacon
That I've been seeking
To come and save me
From this crashing sea

Your luminescence
Off at a distance
I need You closer
Cause I want to feel
Your warming presence
In my existence
Since You're the only thing
I know is real

I'm clinging on to You
So I won't drift away
But these overbearing tides
Are begging me to stay

My heart is broken
These words You've spoken
Leave me defenseless
I'm surrendering
And now I realize
These tears in my eyes
Are just a mark
Of Your own suffering

Cause You are the light
That guides me home
When all is dead as night
I know I'm not alone

I hear You call out
And see the fallout
Of all the things
That blinded me before
Your love is healing
And now revealing
Every obstacle that
Kept me from the shore

[chorus]
And You guide me to the shore
So I can feel Your love restore
When all I've known is darkness in this storm
Above the waves and ocean's roar
I hear You calling, calling

I'm looking 'round and
This joy's resounding
Your light is shining
And You're finding me

No comments:

Post a Comment