Tuesday, March 26, 2013

"I Am Nothing, Says The Grain Of Sand"

Making maps inside my mind
Trying to find a way out
And to that place
Where maybe I could find
Some kind of alternate design
Outside of past mistakes

Cause out there is a love I'll never have
At least not the one I want or deserve
And I grow tired of giving out
What no one seems care about
I fight so hard just to be heard

So maybe I'll always be this way
And maybe things will always stay like this
But there's a lighthouse in the past
That I can just barely make out among the mist
And don't tell me that there's nothing more for me in this life
Cause sitting in this darkness
I know it's from a lack of light

People are changing
And I've changed so much as well
Seen the best and worst in everything
As I'm standing, just a shell
Cause it's always so empty
Every option that I choose
The little joy I have in life
I'm always being asked to lose

So I'll hide away to a place where only you can find me
Because I can't find hope in anyone
No I won't find you in anyone

Lift these scales from my eyes
Cause all I know has left me blind
Is there no future for me
You say it's for me to decide
But I've nothing left
I've nothing left
That doesn't leave me dead inside

So an outstretched hand
In the naked air
Do you understand just how impaired
It's left me
To know there's no one there
To take ahold
To meet that reach
To match my cause
To love despite a list of flaws
Seems that no one
That no one
Does

1 comment:

  1. You say there's nothing left, no joy
    Just a lighthouse in the past.
    Oh, life is not an empty ploy
    Even when you come in last

    Know the last become the first
    He's walked each broken path you trod
    The razor rocks his skin did burst
    He's carried you to his rod

    Grab to the rod in stormy night
    When cliffs around you fall apart.
    In your mind recall the light
    His love to you, may peace impart.

    ReplyDelete