Wednesday, March 13, 2013

"Swept Into The Storm"

I've seen things the same way as you before
And now that I'm here it's easy to ignore
The optimistic, idealistic point of view
Because nothing has rung true

And you say in the face of doubt there's hope
But it's the very moment I don't know
I try to press on but get pushed away
And you say that that's faith

So where is my strength
Where is my resolve
I feel so weak
In every regard
Both in the truth and on my own
Doesn't matter who is on the throne
I'm still swept, into the storm

I've seen faith die and addictions rise
Seen streams of light from the other side
Pinholes through the cracks
From under the rubble I'm losing track

So help me

Where is my strength
Where is my resolve
I feel so dead
In every regard
Both to the truth and on my own
Doesn't seem to matter who is on the throne
I'm still swept, into the storm

My heart is becoming apart of the waves
As they're rising and falling and pulling away
Ripping and swaying, and coming alive
As it's tearing me down I see the former die

No comments:

Post a Comment